Accessibility in Education:
How Grackle Helps
Staff and AdministratorsGrackle speeds and simplifies the creation of accessible documents by giving disability and assistive technology services staff a powerful remediation solution that works right in Google’s Applications.
Faculty and StudentsFaculty and students can create accessible documents with a click-and-fix guided remediation tool. Grackle helps users learn about accessibility standards and can be run repeatedly as documents evolve.
Remediation at the Point of Creation
“The team at Grackle Docs was great to work with. They got us up and running in a matter of hours just in time for a training session with our teachers. The product is very simple for end users and quickly creates accessible content for our new website.” Mark Nelson, Executive Director of Technology, Romeo Community Schools, Michigan
How Grackle Makes Document Accessibility Simpler
- Grackle’s guided remediation requires very little training. It’s a step-by-step process that teaches accessibility rules and best practices.
- When document creators have simple remediation tools, they use them. That means more accessible documents on campus and in the classroom.
Create. Remediate. Educate.
- Grackle keeps accessible documents under the umbrella of Google Workspace applications, collaboration and versioning. The tools and programs your organization uses every day.
No dog can eat this homework.
- Grackle’s Clone feature allows users to preserve accessibility tags when they create a fresh copy of a document. For example, when a draft is saved as a final copy.
In 10 pages of extra large font.
- Grackle allows users to create a tagged PDF from any Google Doc. These PDFs can be marked as proofs for confirmation. Need hundreds or thousands of PDFs? Contact us.
Buy a bundle. Save a bundle
- Grackle creates documents consistent with WCAG 2.0 and the PDF/UA standard. We work with the accessibility community to make sure our docs work flawlessly in NVDA, JAWS, Window-Eyes, VoiceOver, ChromeVox and other screen readers.
Does Window-Eyes raise its VoiceOver when it sees JAWS?
- Accessible doesn’t automatically mean usable, so Grackle includes tools that help advanced users improve logical document structures via a drag-and-drop interface
Logic is good:
Live long and remediate.
- Other advanced tools include preserving accessibility tags when cutting-and-pasting document content. Even alt-image tags go along for this Grackle ride.
Grackle tools never fall asleep in class.
“What I love about Grackle Suite is that it makes remediation simpler at every step of our workflow. It’s easier to correct documents, easier to audit groups of files and easier to create personalized tagged PDFs”
Grackle Docs Walkthrough
This short, 9-minute overview walks through Grackle’s itemized accessibility check and the correction of a Google Doc. It then demonstrates how a tagged PDF/UA can be generated from that document.